Thursday 22 August 2013

Before and After make-up and how to hide redness

Hi all,

I wanted to do a before and after make-up post to show how make-up can be used to enhance a person's features and also make their skin look healthier. I used my sister, Ellen for this, she doesn't wear any make-up at all except when she goes out and for special occasions. She has great skin, it isn't oily or has any spots (I'm not so lucky!), however she has a lot of redness. 


Here are the before and after shots...



So to start off, I used MAC's Studio Fix Fluid in NC15 and using a foundation brush (all my brushes I use are Crownbrush) I started on the jawline and worked my up and around her face and adding a bit more to the more red patches. 
Then I used Kryolan's camouflage palette and using a concealer brush applied it under and around the eyes.
Then to contour I used MAC's powder blush in Taupe and using an angled blusher brush, applied this under the cheekbones just to give a bit of structure. You can also apply it under the jawline as well to create more shadow to give the appearance of a stronger jawline.
Then I applied MAC's translucent face powder using a large, soft powder brush.

I then defined her eyebrows using MAC's refill eyeshadow pans in Coquette and Handwritten using an eyeshadow brush.

Then for her eyes I wanted just to define them to make the colour stand out as she has really lovely blue eyes, and to make them appear bigger. For this I used a cake eyeliner by Kryolan and a small liner brush and lined the upper lash line with a small flick. I then used a MAC eye pencil in black to line her water line. I then applied MAC's Zoomlash mascara in black.
Then to finish off I applied a clear gloss to her lips. 

I think this look really suits Ellen as it is not a heavy look, it is simple and pretty. If a person doesn't wear make-up everyday I don't like applying foundation too heavy as it can make them feel uncomfortable. I applied just enough here to give her an even skin tone and just a little contour to give a bit of structure. I love MAC's studio fix fluid as it has a medium coverage and you can build it if you want more. Kryolan's camouflage palette is highly pigmented so this is great at covering imperfections.

I hope you enjoyed reading this and found it helpful!
See you soon,
Beth x

No comments:

Post a Comment