Wednesday 19 November 2014

Budget Beauty: Collection 'Work the Colour' eye shadow palettes

Hello all,

Sorry its been a while, my old laptop was getting extremely slow and frustrating to use so I had been waiting to buy a new one and that moment has arrived! Hurrah! I'm going to revive my blog with reviews of affordable high street beauty products called Budget Beauty. I hope you enjoy!

 

Collection 'Work the Colour' eye shadow palettes
 
 
 
 
I really love these mini palettes, I discovered them only recently and I can't believe how good they are. They are only £3.99 each and the pigments of the shadows are really strong and they are really blendable. I've been using the nude palette almost everyday as its really easy to create a subtle look for work, and the palette is small enough to carry with you so you can easily add more drama for a night out.
 
They all contain subtle shades to darker shades so they are really versatile, they also come with a highlighter. On the back of the palettes is a guide on how to use three colours to create a great eye make up look if you are un certain of what shades to put together, the actual shadows also have the numbers 1-3 on each row.
 
Purple
The purple palette contains an almost white colour, two shimmery pale pinks in a warm and cool tone, a pale pink highlighter, two shimmery lilac tones in warm and cool and three dark purple shades that go from a strong blue tone purple to a more brown toned purple. These colours are perfect for a pretty purple smoky eye or a pale pink nude look.

Blue
The blue palette contains a shimmery snowy white, a shimmery silver, a pale baby blue, a natural tone highlighter, a shimmery blue toned silver, a dark navy, a shimmery dark royal  blue, an almost black blue and a black. These colours are great for those who want to be a bit alternative in their eye make up but can still create a subtle look.
 
 
Nude
The nude palette contains a warm white colour, a shimmery medium nude tone, a shimmery champagne colour, a warm neutral highlighter, two shimmery taupe colours in warm and cool, a gold shimmery brown, a very dark black brown and a black. This palette is great for those who need a versatile palette who need to turn daytime looks into night time looks. 
 
I think Collection is a really underrated brand and I hope that more people try out their products despite the low prices, I am very happy to try out cheaper brands and if the products work, its win win!
 
I hope you enjoyed my first little budget beauty review, more to come soon!
BethFX
 



No comments:

Post a Comment