Sunday 19 May 2013

A bit about me

Hi all,

I've realised that I haven't really put a lot about myself on here, I did a little intro post but I didn't put anything personal. Some people don't like to put too much about themselves on here which is fair enough but I think its nice to know a bit about the person who's blog you're reading, so here goes..

My name is Bethany Haggar and I'm 18 years old. I live in Essex. I support Chelsea. My favourite colour is blue. I have an older sister who also has a blog, I'll link it below. 
I am currently in my last year of college studying to become a make-up artist, I'll finish in June and am waiting for the day where I have a breakdown about what I'm doing with my life, I'm pretty sure it'll happen soon. I met two of my best friends during college and I know that they will be people I will know for the rest of my 
life.


My dream would be to work in the tv/film industry, my goal in life is to touch Benedict Cumberbatch's face. Tv shows and films are a big part of my life and I would love to be part of a team in making one. A few of my favourite shows are: Friends, Supernatural, Sherlock, Doctor Who, Merlin and The Big Bang Theory. I have way too many films that I love to list because I like any genre of film really!


I also love music, its gotten me through some hard moments in my life, especially throughout school. Some of my favourite bands/artists are: Michael Jackson, Muse, Maroon 5, Mumford & Sons, The Hoosiers, FUN., Coldplay, Bastille, The Script, Alanis Morissette, James Morrison, Panic! At the Disco and John Mayer. I'm always finding more and more that I love!


I never thought I would choose to become a make-up artist. I enjoy writing and photography and always thought I'd end up doing something in the journalism area, but I saw my course in my college's book and something just caught my interest. I had no clue about anything to do with make-up, I didn't even wear a lot, so I went along to the open day and I knew this was what I wanted to do. Ever since then I've had a passion for it and I intend to follow it! 

I don't really have any particular hobbies.. I like to draw and paint and take photos. I live right next to a nature reserve and I love taking walks round it, there are some pretty amazing views if you know where to look. I lived in the same house for my whole life so I know the reserve like the back of my hand. A lot of my inspiration comes from the natural landscape, its just so interesting to capture, whether its through photography, drawing or make-up!


My general outlook on life is to live in the moment (however cheesy that may sound) and that everything happens for a reason and everything is connected. I've met two of my best friends from my particular course in my particular college, they've introduced me to people and things that I now love. What if I hadn't chosen to look at any other course other than photography or media? Would I still be the same person I am now? Probably not. And I wouldn't know the people I know now. 
Anyway, getting in a bit deep here, turning into a bit of a spiritual journey of life. So that pretty much sums me up. Hope you enjoyed reading and that you feel you know me a little better :)

~Beth x

My sister's blog: http://www.frecklyfiction.blogspot.co.uk/ - she is an aspiring writer and posts short stories and lifestyle posts, give it a read :D

No comments:

Post a Comment