Thursday 23 May 2013

Match your lipstick with your nails!

I've noticed a trend recently where you match your lipstick to your nail polish, matching colours had gone a bit out of fashion but now its returning and I think this is a really nice subtle way of matching if you don't want to be too obvious about it.

I wanted an excuse to feature my new Miss Sporty nail polish I bought recently and this seemed like a good way! I realised I didn't have a really nice red in my nail polish collection and so I bought a 'lasting colour' Miss Sporty nail polish in the colour 'deep wine' which is a beautiful deep red. It has a shiny finish and is slightly glittery. Its not the in-your-face postbox red, its an elegant, pretty red and goes with any outfit. I love Miss Sporty nail polishes, they are such a bargain but they are such good quality as well. They also have what they call their 'maxi brush' which is an extra large brush so you can cover your nails quickly and easily which I think is a great idea!


This is a really nice colour to match with your lipstick, so I have used a MAC red lipstick in the colour 'Ruby Woo', this leaves a very matt finish so I also used a BYS wet look clear lipgloss over the top to give it a shine. I also used a MAC red lipliner to get a clean line. I prefer using a small lip brush or an eyeliner brush to apply lipstick because I find it is easier to apply and helps achieve a clean, neat line to your lipstick.

Obviously they are not an exact match, it would be very difficult to get an exact match in colour! But I'm very pleased with this look because both the reds compliment each other and I believe this could be worn with any outfit for any occasion. If you're not a fan of bright, bold red lips, you could  try a lip tint with a gloss over the top which give  a more subtle look.










Hope you enjoyed, thanks for reading!
~Beth x

No comments:

Post a Comment