Sunday 5 May 2013

Review: Swap your MAC for Maybelline!

I've been using Maybelline's Master Drama kohl eyeliner recently and I have got to say it is the best pencil eyeliner I have ever used. I like my eyeliners to be intensely black and this one is in the colour 'Ultra black' and the name definitely doesn't lie. It also claims to stay on for 16 hours, I wore it for about 12 (16 hours is a long day!) and it didn't need topping up at all. It is really soft so glides on effortlessly and is great to smudge to get a smokey look, however it is quite easy to get your hands in a bit of a mess when handling it! The best thing though is the price, £4.49!

Maybelline Master Drama in Ultra Black


Now MAC's eye kohl is fine... but that's all it is. Fine. It doesn't wow me. It doesn't have an intense colour and I've found that when I wear in the waterline, it smudges off really easily which isn't good if you have particularly watery eyes or in the winter where the cold air and winds make your eyes stream. I have nothing against MAC products, I use them daily at college but I think you can get products that work just as well for a lot less money. This eyeliner costs £14.00 which in my eyes is ridiculous! I have also found that it is quite dry and hard and so is great for getting a sharp line, I often use it more than gel to get a sharp finish, but is very hard to smudge if you want more of a smokey look. 

MAC Eye Kohl in Smolder
(yellow dot is so I know its mine when I use it at college)

Thanks for reading!
Beth

All opinions are my own. All photos taken by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment